Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Ranch!!

It is now a Hogle Family tradition to head to the ranch every summer and have a big family camp out! This year has totally gone by fast and the camp out snuck up on us! I can't believe it came and went already! This year was way more casual and layed back than it has been in the past! With the families ( minus Me and Jeff ) all getting bigger we try our best to have at least a few days with everyone there. This year the boys put in a tire swing for the grandkids enjoyment and grandmas anxiety! It swings out of the creek a good 20 feet I'd say! We had so much fun with all the rangers taking trips to the store for candy and ice and going fishing as well. Jeff is not much of a fisher but I sure am! At the beginning of the summer I went for the first time tagging along with my brothers using a one of my nephews fishing pole and caught a fish!!! It was my very first fish!! This trip I caught another one and a crawdad which really doesn't count! I need to get myself a pole and some bait so I can do it more often! We all took turns helping prepare food for dinner! I love cooking out doors and eating awesome food all weekend! We had a few camp fires but not too many so we played games in the trailer one night! We taught my dad how to play settlers and he ended up winning.... only cause I directed him in making moves and I would trade with him to hurry and end the game! The second time we played I didn't help him so I didn't feel bad when I beat everyone!!! The kids had a blast playing in grandpas little red wagon and Hunt had fun being in the dungeon pretty much the whole time!! Jeff and I were in a tent while we were there! We have nice sleeping bags and slept like babies! We definitely can't wait for next year!!



















2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love it Abby! You described everything very well. We really did have fun. Thanks for being the favorite Aunt and Uncle.
MOM

Mary Ann said...

P.S.
Did you hear about the bears?